How to Create a Lead
Creating a Lead:
- The user must first click on the Plus button in the upper right corner.
- Select the pipeline in which the new lead will be built.
- The Create Lead screen will appear.
- The user should complete the fields with the lead’s information. Enter as much information as you have for the lead at the time. Leads can be edited and new information can be included at a later time if needed.
- Company Name (if applicable)
- First Name
- Last Name
- Opt-In – check this box if the lead has opted in to receive promotional emails from you.
- Home Phone
- Mobile Phone
- Address, City, State, Zip Code
- Deal Name (if applicable)
- Products Interested In – Select the products in which the lead is interested.
- Promo Type – Select or enter the sales promotion that brought the lead in for services.
- How Heard – Select the way in which the lead heard about your business.
- How Heard Source – Explain in more detail the exact way the lead heard about your business. For example, if “Search Engine” was selected in the “How Heard” dropdown, the user should enter the specific search engine, such as Google, Bing, Yahoo, etc. in this field. If “Review Site” was the selected, the user should enter the specific review site, such as Angie’s List or Yelp. If “Social Media” was selected, the user should enter the specific social media site such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.
- Lead Source* – This is where the user indicates how the lead contacted your business for services or how you contacted the lead for services. To learn about Lead Source, see the Lead Source Defined section below.
- Location* – This is where you indicate the store location that the lead contacted or that will service the lead.
- Division* – This is where you indicate which sales division should service the lead.
- Notes – This is where the user should write any notes about this lead that are relevant to the sale (e.g. areas where they want work to be done, specific products names that are of interest to them, etc.). These notes will end up on the Notes Tab of the Lead Detail Page.
*These are the only system required fields to create a lead.
When all known fields for the lead have been completed, press the “Create Lead” button. If you are unable to click on the “Create Lead” button, then a required field has not yet been completed. Review the fields, input the required information, and then click “Create Lead”.
Assigning the Lead:
- If the user creating the lead has a Full View or Single View user role, the lead will be automatically assigned to the user who created the lead.
- If the user creating the lead has an Assistant user role, they will need to assign the lead to another user.
- If the user creating the lead is a managerial user (System Admin, Business Admin, or Business Manager), the user will need to assign the lead to themselves or another user. If a lead is not assigned, then it will appear on the Lead Listing Pages as “Unassigned”.
In This Section:
Lead Source is the way the lead contacts you for services or the way you contact the lead for services. When creating a lead, choosing the appropriate Lead Source will enable you to track the channels your customers use to communicate with you.
Email – Choose this option when the initial contact with the lead happens via email.
In Person Conversation – Choose this option when the initial contact with the lead happens in person, outside the normal day-to-day of your business. An example would be a conversation that happens at a trade show, or when you’re out to dinner. This option is not meant to be selected when a lead walks into your store.
Phone – Choose this option when the initial contact with the lead happens by phone or by text.
Social Media – Choose this option when the initial contact with the lead happens on a social media platform in response to your post or ad, or when a lead contacts you through social media direct message or notification.
Walk In – Choose this option when the initial contact with the lead happens when they walk into your store.
Website – Choose this option when the initial contact with the lead happens when they submit a form on your website. ***Please note: Your website forms can be integrated with the Broadlume Lead Management system and those leads can be automatically marked as lead source “Website”.***