Help / Leads
How to Attach Files
From any Lead or User Task Detail Page, you can attach files for future reference. The same function is available from the Contact Detail Page and the Company Detail Page in the Customer Management Module.
To upload attachments:
- From the Quick Actions Menu on a detail page click on “Attach Files”:
- The “Attachment Name” field is optional, enter a label for your attachment if you find it helpful.
- You have two options for selecting your attachments: files can be attached with the drag and drop function, or with a traditional file browser window. With either option, multiple files can be uploaded at once.
- To utilize the drag and drop function, simply click and drag your files from a location on your computer and release them over the tray. For multiple attachments, hold down the control key while clicking.
- To utilize the file browser option, click on the words “or click here”; a file browser window will open. Click to select your attachment. For multiple attachments, hold down the control key while clicking. Then click the open/choose button.
- The files will appear in the tray; if you’ve added an attachment mistakenly, you can click “Remove File” to eliminate it from the tray. Click the “Attach” button to complete the operation.
- Once attachments have been uploaded the Files Tab will list your uploaded attachments.
- Files are displayed in columns similar to a listing page, and can be sorted, filtered, and re-arranged.
- The Name and File columns include search fields – making it simpler to find specific files.
- To reset the page, click on the “Clear Filters” button at the top of the dashboard to clear all filters and search terms.
- You’ll notice there is also an “Attach Files” button in the Files Tab. Clicking on this button is another way to access the file attachment function described above.
To download attachments:
- Go to the Files Tab of the detail page you are managing. Select the file(s) you wish to download by checking the appropriate box to the left of the file(s), then click the “Download Selected” button. A copy of the file(s) will be downloaded to your system. If multiple files are downloaded together, the files may be zipped.
To delete attachments:
- Go to the Files Tab of the detail page you are managing. Select the file(s) you wish to delete by checking the appropriate box to the left of the file(s), then click the “Delete Selected” button.
- A pop-up window will appear, asking “Are you sure you want to delete the selected files?” Click “Yes” to confirm. Click “No” to cancel.