How to Create a Task
There are two types of tasks you can create in the Lead Management Module: Lead Tasks and User Tasks.
This is a task that’s associated with a specific lead. There are two types of Lead Tasks: Primary Lead Task and Secondary Lead Task.
- A Primary Lead Task is automatically required by the system when the user changes a lead to an Open Status Stage. It is not required by the system when the user changes a lead to a Closed Status Stage.
- Secondary Lead Tasks are tasks related to the lead, but not necessarily related to the current stage or assigned to the person to whom the lead is assigned. They are optional and can be added with or without a Primary Lead Task in place. Multiple Secondary Lead Tasks can be added to a lead.
These tasks are created for a user and not linked to a specific lead. Only managerial users (System Admin, Business Admin, or Business Manager) can create User Tasks for other users.
- To create a Primary Lead Task, you have to update a lead’s stage on the Lead Detail Page as described on the Managing a Lead reference document.
- To create a Secondary Lead Task, start from the Lead Detail Page’s Quick Actions Menu and click on “Add Secondary Task”.
- From the “Secondary Lead Task” dropdown, choose the task type.
- From the “Assign To” dropdown, choose the person to whom the task will be assigned.
- In the “Regarding” field enter a relevant description of the task, such as “Create estimate” or “Deliver samples”.
- In the “Date” field, select the date by which the task is to be completed.
- In the optional “Start Time” and “End Time” fields, enter the time at which the task is to be completed.
- In the “Note” field, enter any relevant notes; once the task is saved, the notes will be saved as part of the Secondary Lead Task entry on the Notes Tab for the lead.
- Once you’re finished, click on the “Save” button.
- The task will now appear in the Lead Summary Car, on the Task Listing Page, and on the RLM Calendar for that user.
- If assigning a Secondary Lead Task to another user, that user will receive a notification from the system about the task. The task will also appear on that user’s Daily Agenda Notification on the day for which it is scheduled.
- To create a User Task, do the following:
- Click on the Plus button in the upper right hand corner of any listing or detail page. Click on “Create User Task”.
- From the “Task Type” dropdown, select the type of User Task you want to create.
- If you are a managerial user, click on the “Assign To” dropdown to assign the task to yourself and/or another user. You can assign the task to multiple users by selecting more than one name from the dropdown. If you are not a managerial user, the task will automatically be assigned to you.
- Two optional checkboxes appear directly below the “Assign To” dropdown field.
- By clicking in the first box, a checkmark will appear, indicating the User Task is private. Private User Tasks will only appear on the Task Listing Page for the Assigned To user and the Assigned By user.
- By clicking in the second box, a checkmark will appear, indicating the User Task is marked as a Goal.
- In the “Regarding” field, type a brief explanation as to what the task is related.
- Click on “Start Date” to select from the calendar the start and end dates for the task.
- If you prefer to schedule the task without a specific time, click the “Timeless” checkbox.
- To schedule a specific time for the task, complete the “Start Time” and “End Time” fields.
- In the “Note” field, enter any relevant notes. Once the task is saved, the notes will be saved as a separate entry in the Notes Tab for the User Task.
- When you’re finished, click on the “Save” button.
- The task will now appear on the Task Listing Page and on the RLM Calendar for that user(s).
- In connection with User Tasks marked as Goals, users have access to a Summaries Tab when viewing their “Your Account” page.
- This tab is where a user can record a monthly summary – or weekly, or quarterly, or whatever time frame works for your company. The purpose here is to record accomplishments and challenges, and to explore potential improvements.
- From any listing or detail page, scroll to the bottom of the page or from the Account Menu at the top right and click on “Your Account”.
- Click on the Summaries Tab at the top.
- Enter the pertinent information and then click Add Summary.
- A history of a user’s summaries is displayed in the space below. Notes in the Summaries Tab also have the Pin, Edit or Delete functions for users with those capabilities.